KAYE TROUT'S BOOK REVIEWS 1

I specialize in reviewing Print-On-Demand (POD) published books for my website and Midwest Book Review. Please query for a review by email to hgunther234@hotmail.com.

Monday, May 12, 2008

BUZZ BRADLEY & THE INVISIBLE FORT by Jeff Howe

Llumina Press
www.llumina.com
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Rating: Average
ISBN: 9781595269683, $8.95, 64 pp.


Quoting from the back cover:

"Stinky Gallagher, the school bully, destroyed Buzz’s tree fort last year. With summer break upon him, Buzz is determined to outsmart Stinky. Buzz comes up with the perfect plan–an invisible fort. Can Buzz convince his best friends, Stuart and JJ, that it can and will work, or do they think Buzz is just plain crazy?"

This is a short story about a young boy, his family, friends, school and the local bullies. Buzz uses his imagination to fool the bullies, and therein lies the message...I think. Included in this book are five illustrations by Leasa Nanney and Steven Simpson.

I do not receive many juvenile fiction books to review and am not an expert in this field. I cannot say that I was impressed by the writing style or illustrations, but the story is well written and well edited. However, I do not think this little book is worth spending $8.95.

Kaye Trout - May 12, 2008